Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Uncategorized

Tragic: Five members of a family killed by generator fumes

Family of Five killed by generator fumes

Five members of a family killed by generator fumes

Five members of a family of six have been killed by generator fumes in Igboetche community, in the Etche Local Government Area of Rivers State. According to reports, the sad incident happened on Monday August 13th. 

Mr. Andrew Monye, his wife, Onyinye Monye, and three of their four children, ages 15, 11 and 5, died in the tragic incident. Monye turned on the generator when there was power outage and left it in his bathroom before the family retired to their bedroom.

The fumes from the generator circulated their home leaving five members of the family dead with their 13-year old son as the sole survivor.

A member of the community, who spoke to Punch, said that though the generator was always left outside, the family decided to take it inside the bathroom because of the high rate of stealing in the community. 

Confirming the incident, the state police PRO, Nnamdi Omoni, said the corpse of the deceased persons has been deposited in the morgue while investigation into the circumstances that led to their death has commenced.

Leave a Response